Respect your fellow gamers, our volunteers and vendors!
- Harassment is not tolerated. This includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion or technology choices;
- sexual images in public spaces;
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following;
- photography and recording without consent, or the manipulation of photographs or recordings made with the intention to offend, intimidate, embarrass or demean
- inappropriate physical contact or unwelcome sexual attention,
- sustained disruption of events
- If you feel harassed, you may inform the offender that you would like the harassing behavior to stop immediately. If you are not comfortable doing this, you may contact a FallCon organizer who will address the concern. Likewise, if you feel that someone else is being harassed, you may inform the offender or notify a FallCon organizer who will address the concern.
- If you are asked to stop behaving in a way that is interpreted as harassment, you are expected to stop, immediately. Arguing about the situation or trying to convince someone that your behavior is not harassment is not acceptable. Just stop. You may not feel that your behavior is harassment, but the behavior should stop anyway.
- If anyone engages in harassing behavior, FallCon organizers may take any action they, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion with no refund.
- FallCon Organizers will be happy to help participants contact SAIT security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the convention. We value your attendance.
For clarity and for everyone’s comfort, you should always...
- Be sure you have a person’s consent before you photograph or record them.
- Be respectful of other people’s personal space and physical comfort. This includes ensuring you have their consent to embrace them.
- Be respectful in all forums and discussions, but particularly those that may relate to issues of discrimination or representation. It is your responsibility to participate in such things in a respectful manner and be considerate of all attendees.